Why is it beneficial to take Spanish lessons online?
- Flexibility: You have a private teacher available 7 days of the week and from 8am to 10pm GMT, so you have great flexibility to schedule your lessons, either before or after work or any time during the day.
- Efficiency and cost (no additional travel time or costs)
- Choice and comfort (choose your teacher and have classes from your own living room, workspace, or a local cafe)
- Privacy and 1-to-1 tutelage.
- To get ready for a DELE exam by answering last-minute questions.
- To prepare DELE Examinations. (DELE Preparation Course)
- To learn, improve, or refresh your Spanish (or simply maintain what you have already learned)
What's the methodology used?
I offer comprehensive Spanish language courses aimed at developing the students’ ability to understand, speak, read and write in Spanish.
I use the communicative method (focuses on a language as a medium of communication; recognizing that all communication has a social purpose – that the learner has something to say or find out) and task-based language learning (which focuses on the use of authentic language and on asking students to do meaningful tasks using the target language. Such tasks can include visiting a doctor, conducting an interview, or calling customer service for help).
All my lessons are a combination of the four abilities no matter which course level you select utilising reading, writing, listening and speaking from the beginning.
How the classes work?
Classes are delivered via Zoom online via video conference so it doesn’t matter where in the world you are as long as you have an Internet connection.
What happens if there are problems with the sound?
If any problems occur with the sound due to an intermittent Internet connection, weak WiFi signal, faulty computer equipment, or Skype / Zoom program issues, the interrupted lesson can be rescheduled (generally a determination is made within the first 15 minutes whether to continue or re-schedule if necessary).
When it is an isolated problem the lesson or lost time will be made up without any additional cost thus you will never miss out on a lesson due to technical problems!
Some recommendations to optimize audio and video quality:
- Make sure Zoom is kept updated.
- Wear headphones/headset. If you hear echoes in the audio it can be because the other party’s speakers are too loud and generating feedback. Wear headphones and the echoes should subside instantly!
- Adjust the light. Ample front lighting can mean the difference between talking to a real person and talking to a grainy ghostly silhouette.
- Minimize ambient noise. Try to create a quiet, classroom-like environment while you are having a lesson.
- Close other programs during the lesson. Overloading your Internet capacity with open programs could worsen audio and video quality.
- Use Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi. Ethernet will give you a much smoother, more consistent experience.
- Ensure other users of the same Internet connection are not uploading or downloading movies, music, or large files in the background.
- Disable backup software temporarily while on the call.
How do I begin?
Just drop me a note to explain your level and objectives (or goals). It’s that easy! Click “Become a Student” below.
How do I pay for the lessons?
Choose a package and you will be able to complete your payment via credit card or Paypal account (and in your own currency).
Can I prepare for the DELE exam with you?
Of course, I am a ‘Spanish as a Foreign Language’ teacher and examiner certified by Instituto Cervantes (which is the institution that administers the exams). I have ample experience preparing students for this exam as well as creating material to support these classes.
Oh, and the success rate is greater than 97% so far! More.
Can I cancel a lesson?
Sure, but the cancelation must not be less than 24 hours! Any lessons cancelled 24 hours in advance can be rescheduled (usually within the same month). If there are technical problems, the lesson or lost time will be made up for.
What happens if I’m late or don’t show up for class?
The lesson will be considered void if the student does not appear by 15 minutes after the scheduled start time. That specific class is subsequently not reschedulable.
Do course packages expire?
Yes, but there is plenty of time to use your hours and in order to ensure a positive outcome and a good learning experience it is important to be consistent and practice in continuous blocks.
Expiry times (after the commencement of the first class):
- 5 hour package expires after 7 weeks
- 10 hour package expires after 12 weeks
- 20 hour package expires after 22 weeks
As you can see, a minimum of on average one hour per week is advised. However I do understand we all have private lives and unexpected situations sometimes occur, so in these cases an extension of the expiration date can be discussed on a case by case basis.
Is there a maximum number of classes per week?
There is a maximum of 4 hours per week unless you have pre-booked an intensive course. There is no minimum number of hours per week but I advise to have at least one class per week as per the expiry dates.
What is Zoom?
Skype and Zoom are the most popular voice and video communication services in the world. You can make unlimited free video calls to anyone in the world provided that person is using the same service too.
How do I use Zoom?
Getting ready for your Skype or Zoom Spanish lesson with me is pretty easy. Just download the free software from either Skype.com or Zoom.com, create a free account and you will be ready to go in minutes! If your computer does not already have a built-in microphone (and/or camera), you may need to purchase a microphone (and/or camera + headset).
You can even use these services from your smartphone or tablet!
There are no refunds once the first lesson of a pack has been scheduled.
You can request an extension of the expiry date of your pack or request a transfer of your hours to another person (that person will be asked to attend a 30 minutes chat and the transfer can be refused).